I grew up near the science-fictional setting of Johnson Space Center and earned a master’s in physics, so of course most of my novels and short stories are fantasies set in secondary worlds. I also like near-future SF and have played with the odd contemporary setting as well. My nonfiction career includes marketing and technical writing, scientific copyediting, and journalism.
I’ve read submissions for Flash Fiction Online. In 2012 I attended the Science Fiction & Fantasy Novel Writers Workshop at the Center for the Study of Science Fiction at the University of Kansas. I’m a member of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America.
When not writing, I play tennis and enjoy volunteering and sketching in central Illinois parks.
- An urban fantasy novel to be published by The Ed Greenwood Group
- “All That Matters” in Schoolbooks & Sorcery (forthcoming)
- “Sticking Together” in Abyss & Apex (2015)
- “Alpaca Tricks” in Fictionvale (2014)
- “Pictures in Crayon” in Cast of Wonders (2014; podcast reprint)
- “The Girl with Flowers for Hair” in Daily Science Fiction (2013)
- “Kalar’s Wall” in Plasma Frequency (2013)
- “Pictures in Crayon” in Daily Science Fiction (2013)
- “The Breeding Pond” in The Crimson Pact: Volume Four (2012; prequel to “The Demon’s Tomb”)
- “A Talent for Death” in Shelter of Daylight (2011)
- “The Demon’s Tomb” in The Crimson Pact: Volume Two (2011)