I grew up near the science-fictional setting of Johnson Space Center and earned a master’s in physics, so of course most of my novels and short stories are fantasies set in secondary worlds. I also like near-future SF and have played with the odd contemporary setting as well. My nonfiction career includes marketing and technical writing, scientific copyediting, and journalism.
I read submissions for Flash Fiction Online. In 2012 I attended the Science Fiction & Fantasy Novel Writers Workshop at the Center for the Study of Science Fiction at the University of Kansas. I’m a member of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America.
When not writing, I play tennis and enjoy volunteering and sketching in central Illinois parks.
- An urban fantasy novel to be published by The Ed Greenwood Group)
- “All That Matters” in Schoolbooks & Sorcery (forthcoming)
- “Sticking Together” in Abyss & Apex (2015)
- “Alpaca Tricks” in Fictionvale (2014)
- “Pictures in Crayon” in Cast of Wonders (2014; podcast reprint)
- “The Girl with Flowers for Hair” in Daily Science Fiction (2013)
- “Kalar’s Wall” in Plasma Frequency (2013)
- “Pictures in Crayon” in Daily Science Fiction (2013)
- “The Breeding Pond” in The Crimson Pact: Volume Four (2012; prequel to “The Demon’s Tomb”)
- “A Talent for Death” in Shelter of Daylight (2011)
- “The Demon’s Tomb” in The Crimson Pact: Volume Two (2011)